Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thank Goodness for Brooklin!

Our neighbours just had a baby a few weeks...has it been months!...ago now. We're luck because the 2 little ones they already have are the same age as our kids, 5 and 3 years old.

Yesterday we were doing a little bit of spring cleaning (trust me this is not something that we typically do!)...and found in our bathroom cupboard an unopened package of diapers. Sabrina, our youngest has been potty trained for a year now, and we never got around to this package and we're not sure what to do with it.

I voiced this when we saw it and my son, he's almost six, said "Don't worry mom. We can use them when our baby comes". I stopped, backed up and said, "What?". He replied, "You know Anthony and Natassia next door just got a baby, so when our baby comes, we can just use those diapers for her". Okay, I want to hear a collective "aaaawwww" now! :)

I had to break it to my poor little one that we won't be getting a new baby. It's just mom, dad, brother, sister and the dog. He thought of it for a while again and thoughtfully said "Oh, and don't forget Brooklin" - our fish. Quick recovery!

1 comment:

ninepounddictator said...

Ha ha...I'm not sure what I find cuter. The fact he asked for another baby, or the fact your fish is named Brooklin.