Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Vancouver Doula

I just came across the website Vancouver Doula and am so impressed with the information found there. I have two little ones and had one doula at my first born's birth and two doulas at my second born's birth. The joke is that if we had a third (and we're not!) that we would have 3 doulas!

My good friend, Anona, was the doula at #1 and #2 birth and she was amazing. She was my brains during both births. She coached, supported and helped me mentally get through those waves of labour pains.

We hired Rachel, a massage therapist, to also be there for birth #2. While Anona managed by brain, helping me relax and not panic, Rachel massaged the heck out of my lower birth - my very own handmade epidural!

Doulas are amazing! I can't imagine giving birht without the support of an amazing doula!

No comments: