Saturday, September 02, 2006

Slingin' at Starbucks

While running into Starbuck's yesterday (is it getting too cold for Tim Horton's Iced Cappuccinos?), I saw this adorable young couple with their baby heading towards their car. The dad was wearing their little one in a pouch sling and both dad and baby looked so happy. What is it about this type of picture that just makes you sigh and say "aaawww?"

I love, love, love the carriers I have. We started with a Baby Bjorn that is pretty much standard in the baby carrier world. It's great for a younger baby and my husband loved to carry Joshua in it and go for walks without me (apparently the neighbourhood women gushed all over them!). Joshua could snuggle close and then face out (which he loved!). It got limiting though as Joshua got older (read "longer"!) and his little feet would dangle and get in the way of mommy and daddy's leg.

I also have a Heart-to-Heart ring sling (oh, they've updated their website! cute!). I need Dr. Sears’ Baby Book to help me understand how to use it but once Joshua was in it he fell asleep in 2 minutes! Perfect! It's a very versatile, easy to get into carrier. I've loaned mine to so many people to try - hey, where is it now? Who has it?

Next I found the Hip Hammock online (before it was bought by Playtex). This is an amazing carrier - so many people would stop be to ask about it that I consider selling them. What was next?

Oh, sigh, my favourite - the Ergo Carrier... let me have a moment here ...this such a fantastic and comfortable carrier. I could still carry Sabrina in it and she's almost 4 years old (I won’t though). Just looking at it on the Pookababy site makes me smile.

The last carrier I tried was a Moby Wrap. It was a little intimidating learning how to use this loooong piece of fabric but when I put Sabrina into it, at 16 months, my first reaction was "oh, I’ve got to have another baby so I can wear an infant in this". Which is a crazy thought because we are not having any more children just to fill a baby carrier! LOL! But the Moby is just that comfy and cuddly.

Enjoy your babies, wear them close and maybe I'll see you at Starbucks! :)

No comments: